The International Information Network on New and Emerging Health Technologies (EuroScan International Network) is a collaborative network of member agencies for the exchange of information on important emerging new drugs, devices, procedures, programmes, and settings in health care.
The EuroScan International Network was established in 1997 following an international workshop held in Copenhagen. After the workshop a working group was established with representatives from Denmark, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom, with associated representatives from Canada and Switzerland to collaborate on the exchange of information on the safety and efficacy of the new technologies. This working group became the EuroScan International Network.
More information on EuroScan’s history can be found here.
The EuroScan International Network is the leading global collaborative network that collects and shares information on innovative technologies in healthcare in order to support decision-making and the adoption and use of effective, useful and safe health-related technologies. We are also the principal global forum for the sharing and development of methods for the early identification and assessment of new and emerging health-related technologies, and predicting their potential impact on health services and existing technologies.
The EuroScan International Network is committed to working with a high level of transparency and professionalism, and in partnership with researchers, research centres, governments and international organisations to produce high quality information and effective early awareness and alert systems for our respective constituencies. We are also committed to support the development of existing and new not-for-profit public agencies working in the early awareness and alert field.
The EuroScan International Network will form the leading global network for public institutions working on the identification and early assessment of new and emerging technologies in healthcare to support decision-making and the adoption and use of innovative technologies to the benefit of patients and health services.
To establish a system to share skills and experience in early awareness and alert activities.
- To strengthen activities for the development of methodological approaches for the identification, description and assessment of emerging technologies.
- To improve the exchange of information about new and emerging health technologies and their potential impact on health services and existing health technologies.
- To increase the impact of EuroScan International Network’s output.
- To identify relevant not-for-profit public partners in order to share the results of work with partners/members of the EuroScan International Network collaboration.
- To advise not-for-profit organisations within public administrations who wish to consider the establishment of early awareness and alert activities.
You can find out more about EuroScan’s